The Minnesota Pilgrim was born and raised in Minnesota. She spent over 15 years huffing and puffing away in the carpeted hallways of ‘Corporate America’ in the cities of Minneapolis, Chicago and Philadelphia.
In 2008, she moved with her Frenchman lover to the island nation of Mauritius located in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Madagascar.
While there, she worked as an ERP IT Manager for a local consulting firm on the island. She then started her own independent IT consulting company and did contract work in the fields of IT and Marketing. She also volunteered as a local yoga instructor and English language tutor.
In 2010, the Pilgrim packed up her entire life, once more, into a 20 ft. container and set sail from Mauritius to France.
She hopes to find her way soon.
The Minnesota Pilgrim:
- Does not have any known distant family relations to the Sons and Daughters of the Mayflower
- Is someone who travels to and lives and works in foreign lands
- Does not have a particular fondness for Thanksgiving
- Is proud of her American heritage
- Thinks shiny buckles are cool, but a bit impractical and heavy when worn as hat decoration
- Has no plans for an immediate journey to a sacred, geographical place
- Is giving a shout-out to her roots growing up as a PK in the Land of Lakes with beefy noodle casseroles
- Is desperately trying to learn the French language